Most of the issues users may experience are related to Server Requirements not respected.
Issues you may encounter, such as demo content importing fails, menu partially not saving, page not rendered correctly and other oddity are related to excessively low PHP configuration limit settings of the server.
Many hosts will try to keep the limits low to save their resources. These values are typically lower if you choose a low budget host.
Before starting, right after installing the theme, check your System Status.
The most important values you need to be compliant are:
- WP Memory Limit: the WP Memory Limit is the maximum amount of memory (RAM) that your site can use at one time. When you reach your Memory Limit, you’ll encounter a fatal error. (read more)
- Max Input Vars: the PHP Max Input Vars is the maximum number of variables your server can use. Lower values can create issues such lost data in your Theme Options, Widgets disappear etc. (read more)
- Extract the archive package downloaded on ThemeForest.
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to "Appearance" > "Themes".
- Select the "Install Theme" tab at the top panel.
- Choose the "Upload" option and upload the barberpro.zip file.
- Once you activate BarberPro, you will be redirected to the "Welcome" page that features a System Status table.
There you will see a button to install and activate the required & recommended plugins. If you see any red message about the Server Requirements not fulfilled please fix.
- You must install all the required plugins if you want to import the demo data.
- If you want to import the demo data, it is recommended to decline all plugin page installations to avoid duplicate content.
- Extract the archive package downloaded on Themeforest.
- Via your FTP client, put the "barberpro" folder in
- Once the upload is complete you can activate BarberPro theme.
- Follow the instructions from the paragraph above starting at point 5.
Save some time and use our custom installation services.
One-Click Demo Import
Importing the demo data is the easiest way to setup your theme. It will allow you to quickly edit everything instead of creating content from scratch. In BarberPro, you can install the whole demo content through the "Import Demo Data" panel.
First of all, you must install all the required plugins after theme activation. You may be invited to install default plugin pages. You must decline all plugin page installations to avoid duplicated content. Once all your plugins are installed, go to the "Appearance" > "Import Demo Data" panel, choose your chosen demo and click the "Import" button and wait, it can take a few minutes.
Import Demo Content Manually
First download the demo data files here.
Upload the zip folder and extract it using an archiver (winrar, winzip etc..). You will find 3 files and a folder in the extratced archive.
- content.xml - The file containing all pages, medias etc...
- customizer.dat - The customizer settings
- widgets.wie - The widgets settings
- page-builder-export folder - The folder containing every page builder templates used in the demo
Import the content
- In your admin panel, go to "Tools" > "Import"
- Choose the WordPress option (last one)
- Select the content.xml file
- Hit the "upload file and import" button and follow the instructions
Note that some of our demo data files are huge and you may encounter issues if your server settings are too low, especially max_execution_time, post_max_size, and upload_max_filesize settings (read more).
Import the customizer settings
On theme activation, all Customizer Mods are automatically set just like the demo. Still, you can reset them or upload a different set of Customizer Mods using Customizer Export/Import plugin.
- In your admin panel, go to "Appearance" > "Customize" or click on the "Customize" link in your frontend admin bar
- Navigate to the "Export/Import" tab
- Click the "browse" button and select the customizer.dat file
- Hit the "Import" button
Import the widgets
To import the widget settings you need Widget Importer & Exporter plugin.
- In your admin panel, go to "Tools" > "Widget Export & Import"
- Select the widgets.wie file
- Hit the "Import" button
Import page builder templates
You can choose to import pages one by one using the page builder import/export feature.
Simply go to your page backend, be sure to be in "Page Builder" mode and use the import/export button at the top right of your text editor.
It is strongly recommended to save the post once the page is imported before editing your page.
Note that the demo images will be replaced by placeholders if you use this method.
To update BarberPro automatically, you can install Envato Market plugin.
You will be invited to install and activate this plugin on theme activation, so it is recommended to install it if you want to update the theme automatically.
Once the plugin is installed, simply go in the Envato Market panel and follow the instructions to set up your Envato account.
You will get notified in your admin dashboard every time a new version of BarberPro is available. Then simply follow the link in the notification message and update the theme is a single click in the Envato maket plugin page.
There is 3 ways to set your header image.
- You can set a default header image in the Customizer Default Header Image tab. This image will be displayed by default in your header.
- You can choose to display your featured image as header image for all posts and pages with a featured image. Set the first option to yes in the Customizer Header Settings tab. It will overwrite the default header
image setting on page with a featured image.
- Additionally, you can set a custom header image using the Page Settings below your text editor in case you want your header image to be different from the featured image. It will overwrite the previous settings.
To set a page as "Front page", go in the "WordPress Settings" > "Reading" panel and set the desired page as "Front page".
Create a Custom Home Page Header
BarberPro offers the possibility to hide the default page header on desired page using the Page Options below your editor. That way, you can set your own custom page header using the Page Builder.
Full Screen Section
To create a full screen header section for your home page, insert a "columns" type section using the page builder editor and check the "Full height" option in the section setttings.
Set the background you want for your section and insert any element you want.
Home Page Slider
If you prefer a slider as home page header you can use the "Advanced Slider" Page Builder element.
In this case, no need to set your first section to "Full Height". You will be able to set the slider height in the "Advanced Slider" settings
If you want your slider to take to full space in your section, you will need to set the section padding top and bottom to 0 to remove the default spave above and below your section content.
Additionaly, you will need to set the "Row Settings" content type to "Full Width" so your slider will take the full screen width.
Add an "Advanced Slider" element in your first section and set its height to 100%.
For more information about the use of our Page Builder, you can check the full documentation.
By default, when no pages are set in the WordPress settings > reading panel , the blog is displayed as home page.
But here, we want to set a specific page for our blog.
To do so, create a page with no content and assign it as "Posts page" in the "reading" settings.
The BarberPro blog supports all WordPress post formats. Post Formats allow you to display your posts differently depending on your content. In you post editor page, you can select which post format you want to use in the "Format" box, usually, at the right of your text editor.
It is the typical WordPress post. It will display the title, the featured image (if set) and the content below.
A single image. The featured image will be used, and, on click, will open its full size version in a lightbox.
The theme will look for the first gallery in your post content and use it as featured gallery.
Any gallery or slider will be considered as gallery.
The first video URL will be considered the video.
You can use our Wolf Video Thumbnail Generator plugin to generate a thumbnail from any Vimeo or YouTube video automatically and use it as featured image. The script will look for the first YouTube or Vimeo URL in your post and generate a thumbnail. You should find the “Video Thumbnail” metabox above the “Featured Image” box.
An audio file. You can use the audio shortcode provided by WordPress using the media library ("Add media" button). You can also embed a soundloud song using WordPress embed feature by pasting your song soundcloud URL.
A link to another site. The first URL in your post will be used and your post title will be linked to this URL.
The first quote of your post will be considered as the featured quote.
Typically styled without a title. Similar to a Facebook note update. You can use this post pormat to display an embed tweet.
Same as status format
A chat transcript, like so:
John: foo Mary: bar John: foo 2
There isn't any specific style for the chat post format in BarberPro.
Split your post
You can split your post to add a "Continue reading →" link on the post index page.
To do so, use the WordPress more tag.
You can find the More Tag button in the first row of the visual editor
You can further customize the message that displays in the link to the full post content.
You will need to do this in the HTML view of your editor. Once you have changed to the HTML editor, look for this code: To customize the message, simply add a space after and turn it into something like this…
Note that the more tag won't be used if you choose the "Auto excerpt" option in the theme options "Blog" tab.
Single view layout
You can choose how you want to display your post single view in the page options, just below your text editor.
Theme settings are the backbone of our themes. They give you full control over your website and allow you to customize the design without modifying a single line of code. The three major groups of options you can set in our themes are the Customizer Mods, the Theme Options, and the Page Options.
The Customizer Mods are responsible for the global appearance of the entire website; unless otherwise specified in Page Options. They are accessible in the “Appearance” > “Customizer” from your admin panel, or directly by clicking on “Customize” in the frontend admin bar. They use the WordPress customizer with its awesome live preview feature.
The Page Options are located inside every page, post, product single page. You can override particular Customizer Mods for single page diversification (like the Page Header for example).
Theme Options are complementary to the Customizer mods. They most likely include the Google Fonts loader and additional settings such as 404 background image etc… These are more settings that are not strictly related to the appearance of your theme.
With BarberPro, you can load any Google font you like and use it for your menu, headings, text etc...
To load Google Fonts:
- Go to the Google Fonts website and select the fonts you like.
- Open the "Families Selected" frame at bottom right of your screen.
Copy the fonts list from the last part of the URL right after "?family="
Go to the "Appearance" > "Theme Options" > "Google Fonts Loader" and paste your fonts list. You will now be able to use this font in the "Customizer" > "Fonts" tab.
Now, you will be able to select your Google fonts anywhere in the theme where a “fonts” option is available.
You can add any Typekit fonts to BarberPro using Typypekit Fonts for WordPress plugin.
- Install and activate Typypekit Fonts for WordPress plugin.
- Go to Settings > Typekit Fonts and follow the instructions to import your font kit into your website.
- Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Fonts tab add your fonts separated by a "|" (i.e "Adobe Caslon Pro|Acumin Pro").
Now, you will be able to select your Typekit fonts anywhere in the theme where a “font” option is available.
Set a featured image
A post featured image is an image that you can upload to represent your post.
Set a featured image is very simple: In your text editor, click on "set a featured image" (usually the box at the bottom right), upload an image and click on "use as featured image" instead of "insert into post".
Create a gallery
To create a gallery, first click on the "Add media" button at the top of your text editor.
When you open the Media Manager, you will be shown the files in your Media Library. If you’d like to create a gallery from those files, then you’re already where you need to be. Just click on "Create a gallery" on the left menu and select the files you’d like to include in your gallery. You can re-order you image as you wish, upload new files, add captions to your images etc...
BarberPro comes with additional options for your galleries. Take a look at the right of your media manager: you will find some advanced settings to set your gallery layout.
This WordPress feature allows you to display a media by simply paste its URL in your post.
For exemple, simply paste a youtube video URL into your post. WordPress will automatically turn that into a YouTube embed.
Learn more infos on the WordPress Codex page.
If you use the Wolf Page Builder plugin to create your pages, you will have a lot options to set your page layout and you won't have to care about your the page templates.
But in case you want to create a page in the old fashion way, with the WordPress editor, you can choose between a few page templates.
The default template, with no specific style. The content is centered and takes 750px for the best readability.
Page Full Width
A template where the content take a larger width that the default one : 1140px.
Page with a Left Sidebar
Page with a Right Sidebar
A template to list your last 30 posts, tags, categories and archives by date.
To create an albums index page, you must have Wolf Albums plugin installed.
Once the plugin is installed and activated, you will see a notification in your dashboard inviting you to create a page for your albums.
Simply click on the "Create Page" button and a page will be automatically created and assigned for the "Albums" page.
You can change the page you want to use as "Albums" page at any time in the "Galleries" > "Settings" panel.
Note that any content in this page will be ignored.
Create a gallery for your album
To create an album, click on "Galleries" > "Add new".
Set a title for your album, insert a gallery in the text editor, and set a featured image that will be used as album cover.
Create a gallery
To create a one-page website there is 3 things you have to do for each section
1. First set a unique anchor name in your page builder section settings.
2. Create a custom link menu item in your WordPress menu panel, and add your full main page URL with the anchor at the end.
3. Check the "scroll to anchor" option in your menu item settings.
To switch your website in maintenance mode you can download Wolf Maintenance plugin. It is ultra light and ultra simple to use.
Once the plugins installed, while you're working on your website, go in the admin > Tools >"Maintenance" panel and choose the page where you want to redirect all your visitors. For example a coming soon page.
When your website is ready to go, simply set the options to "Disabled" to put your whole website back online.
Common issues with links to fix them: